LTC is an Equal Opportunity employer. All personnel actions are effected without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, genetic information, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic pursuant to law. As a responsible organization, with the full support of LTC’s president, we resolutely support the concept and practice of Equal Employment Opportunity. We uphold federal, state, and local civil rights laws and work to ensure that all of our personnel actions and policies are in compliance and based only on valid job requirements. Additionally, we recognize and value the importance and diversity of our work force and support its various cultures. LTC is dedicated to fostering an environment that respects the dignity, rights and contributions of its employees. Violations of this policy should be reported to Human Resources. The EEO/AA official for LTC is Kris Maugans, HR Administrator, located at 2626 W. May, Wichita, KS. The phone number is (316) 944-0011.
Careers at May Street Location
You’ve Come to the Right Place
Everything we do is held up by the talent and brainpower of our employees. So the fact that you’re reading this means you’re on the right track. Check out the available positions below and apply online. If you don’t see something that fits your qualifications but you want a chance to be part of the team, feel free to let us know why.
Development Engineer - Armor
Responsible for product development, testing, and manufacturing design.
Requires basic computer skills; mechanical aptitude (build prototypes, mock-ups, tooling, etc.); self-starter and problem solver; ability to prioritize work and make changes on short notice; and analytical mindset. Prefer bachelor’s degree in Engineering; working knowledge of composite manufacturing; and familiarity with SolidWorks, AutoCAD and/or similar CAD software.
Primary responsibility is to maintain and enhance the Quality Management System to assure all products meet customer requirements and to achieve superior quality levels consistent with company standards. Must have a strong quality and customer-focus mindset; be someone with proven ability to lead, coach and influence using various motivational techniques; have a background in manufacturing and ISO 9001 / AS9100 quality certification; and be an excellent communicator.
Time is spent hands on, directing engagement of personnel, manufacturing process improvements and problem solving. This job will entail achieving Quality requirements and On Time Delivery while continuing to challenge the status quo to eliminate waste. The Quality Manager leads and is responsible for collecting and reporting quality metrics, oversight of document control functions, and organizing and leading quality audits.
- Provides inspections on manufactured products.
- Documents production non-conformance in accordance with prescribed procedures and processes.
- Ensures company policies and procedures are complied with for the receiving and storage of composite raw materials.
- Supports Quality Management System policies and procedure documentation; assess compliance to company and industry standards, initiate and lead continual improvement and Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
Must be able to effectively communicate with production and engineering groups.
Must be self-motivated, proactive, and capable of managing priorities and tasks as delegated. Requires: hand/finger dexterity; visual acuity; ability to frequently lift/carry up to 20 lbs.; ability to stand for extended periods of time in work area with limited climate control.
PLC and HMI Programmer
- Work with our current programmer to design and program PLC controlled systems utilizing Rockwell – Studio 5000.
- Work with our current programmer to develop and program HMI screens (Red lion and Wonderware) to support the overall control of the equipment and process.
- Integrate and network PLCs, HMIs, VFDs and third-party devices using various control networks (Ethernet/IP, Modbus TCP, etc.).
- Panel Building.
- Experience in designing and developing control systems with Rockwell- Studio 5000.
- Configure, troubleshoot, and demonstrate experience with electrical control circuits including analog/digital wiring and relay logic.
- Programming and configuration of VFDs, including control wiring and Ethernet control.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Willing to learn manufacturing & mechanical systems.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize and organize the workload to handle multiple priorities and simultaneously meet deadlines.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and be able to travel between our facilities (within the City).
- Excellent attendance is a must.
Position is responsible for all areas of building and equipment maintenance, with emphasis in electrical repair and maintenance. Inspects equipment for proper functioning and performs preventative maintenance duties. Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and makes repairs or adjustments as needed. Duties may also include the areas of carpentry and plumbing.
Must able to read and understand written and verbal work orders; follow detailed instruction; and communicate questions and suggestions to supervisor. Requires hand/finger dexterity; visual acuity; ability to lift and carry materials; ability to bend, stoop, twist, turn, reach overhead, crawl, and climb. Must be able to work for extended periods of time in a noisy area with limited climate control.
- Perform preventative building maintenance
- Perform preventative maintenance on production equipment
- Perform breakdown analysis
- Complete building and machine repairs as able
- Communicate effectively with employees at all company levels
- Work independently under limited supervision (self-management)
- Documentation of work schedule and work tasks completed
Prefer electrical experience and/or maintenance experience in an industrial setting.