LTC is an Equal Opportunity employer. All personnel actions are effected without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, genetic information, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic pursuant to law. As a responsible organization, with the full support of LTC’s president, we resolutely support the concept and practice of Equal Employment Opportunity. We uphold federal, state, and local civil rights laws and work to ensure that all of our personnel actions and policies are in compliance and based only on valid job requirements. Additionally, we recognize and value the importance and diversity of our work force and support its various cultures. LTC is dedicated to fostering an environment that respects the dignity, rights and contributions of its employees. Violations of this policy should be reported to Human Resources. The EEO/AA official for LTC is Kris Maugans, HR Administrator, located at 2626 W. May, Wichita, KS. The phone number is (316) 944-0011.
Careers at May Street Location
You’ve Come to the Right Place
Everything we do is held up by the talent and brainpower of our employees. So the fact that you’re reading this means you’re on the right track. Check out the available positions below and apply online. If you don’t see something that fits your qualifications but you want a chance to be part of the team, feel free to let us know why.
Quality Engineer works with the plant teams to ensure that products are fully operational, effective, free of defects and exceed customer requirements and expectations. Responsibilities include:
- Verify the quality of products while troubleshooting, rectifying and eliminating defects when identified
- Develop and document quality processes and procedures
- Manage non-conforming product outputs including their identification, control, and disposition
- Monitor, measure, analyze, and evaluate the performance of the quality management system
- Process and products audits per ISO 9001 / AS9100 standards
- Assist with First Article Inspection coordination and completion
A successful candidate will have the technical aptitude and professional demeanor to drive to root cause issues, interact and communicate with different levels within the organization, and earn respect of management, peers, and shop floor personnel. This is a hands on job and the candidate will be expected to spend 70% of their daily activity out on the shop floor creating value, driving change and eliminated defects.
Production Supervisor - 2nd shift
Responsible to oversee production and actively supervise personnel. Duties include:
· Manage safety, quality and production
· Support company, plant, and department objectives
· Ensure compliance to all applicable laws, policies, and procedures
· Coordinate and oversee the activities of employees
· Evaluate and provide feedback on employee performance
· Oversee training of employees
· Track timekeeping and attendance
· Effectively communicate with people at all levels and status
Personal Protection Program Manager
A successful candidate will be someone that has the proven ability to coach, lead and influence a team using various motivational techniques. This job entails balancing On Time Delivery and Quality while doing so in the most efficient manner possible while continuing to challenge the status quo. This candidate should expect 85% of their time being spent with hands on, direct engagement of personnel, tasks and schedule. This is not a desk job and a position that requires the candidate to be directly involved in the day to day activities while maintaining oversight and control of the Company’s Strategic Goals and Objectives.
This position is directly responsible for Program Activities associated with LTC’s Personal Protection Segment. This entails coordinating, overseeing and communicating with Sales, Engineering, Production, Quality, Supply Chain and the Customer to ensure that programs are executed to the desired intent. The Personal Protection Program Manager is a jack of all trades and you can be expected to meet with a Customer in the morning and assisting with the shipment of parts in the afternoon. It is expected that the candidate is proficient in Word and Excel as well as a proven communicator across multi-disciplined organizations.
Typical Activities Include:
- Direct and coordinate activities concerned with scheduling of product, utilizing knowledge of product technology, production methods and procedures, schedules and capabilities of machines and equipment.
- Confers with management personnel to establish engineering, production and quality control standards, develop cost controls, and to obtain data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered.
- Coordinates schedule activities with procurement, engineering, maintenance, and quality control to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate production problems and improve product quality.
- Seamless ability to effectively communicate with a temporary employee, engineers, management, customers and executives.
- Comfortable working outside established lanes without alienating or sacrificing peers.
- Must have a proven track record of successfully managing large projects and programs on time and on budget. Preferred experience with continuous improvement and cost control measures in a leadership position is a plus.
Attributes: Communicator, motivator, hungry, humble and respectful, emotionally intelligent, problem solver, leader, stable, coach, technically minded and intrinsically motivated.
Assemble parts as directed by work orders; finish parts by laying out, trim, drill, countersink, fill, and sand. Includes use of small hand tools such as drills and sanders.
Must be able to read and understand written and verbal work orders; follow detailed, multi-step instructions; and communicate questions and suggestions. Requires: hand/finger dexterity; visual acuity; ability to lift and carry materials; ability to stand for extended periods of time in a work area with limited climate control. Prefer composite assembly experience.
- Set up and operate presses and auxiliary equipment to cure and bond assemblies according to specifications.
- Read and interpret shop orders to determine cure process specifications.
- Connect thermocouples and vacuum lines to fittings.
- Adjust manual controls or enter commands in computerized control panel to regulate and activate press power supply, cooling system, vacuum, heat, and pressure gauges and recorders.
- Monitor instruments, switches, and recorders and listen for warning signals during press operation to ensure conformance to specifications, and modifies or aborts process as required.
- Maintain manual or computerized press processing records.
Requires hand/finger dexterity; visual acuity; ability to lift/carry/push/pull materials; ability to stand for extended periods of time in an area with limited climate control. Must be able to climb stairs. This position is exposed to extreme heat, and the noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Maintenance Associate - 2nd shift
Position is responsible for all areas of building and equipment maintenance. Performs building maintenance including electrical, carpentry, and plumbing. Inspects equipment for proper functioning and performs preventative maintenance duties. Diagnoses equipment malfunctions and makes repairs or adjustments as needed.
Must able to read and understand written and verbal work orders; follow detailed instruction; and communicate questions and suggestions to supervisor. Requires hand/finger dexterity; visual acuity; ability to lift and carry materials; ability to bend, stoop, twist, turn, reach overhead, crawl, and climb. Must be able to work for extended periods of time in a noisy area with limited climate control.
- Perform preventative building maintenance
- Perform preventative maintenance on production equipment
- Perform breakdown analysis
- Complete repairs as able
- Communicate effectively with employees at all company levels
- Work independently under limited supervision (self-management)
- Documentation of work schedule and work tasks completed
Prefer experience in an industrial setting.