LTC is an Equal Opportunity employer. All personnel actions are effected without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, genetic information, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic pursuant to law. As a responsible organization, with the full support of LTC’s president, we resolutely support the concept and practice of Equal Employment Opportunity. We uphold federal, state, and local civil rights laws and work to ensure that all of our personnel actions and policies are in compliance and based only on valid job requirements. Additionally, we recognize and value the importance and diversity of our work force and support its various cultures. LTC is dedicated to fostering an environment that respects the dignity, rights and contributions of its employees. Violations of this policy should be reported to Human Resources. The EEO/AA official for LTC is Kris Maugans, HR Administrator, located at 2626 W. May, Wichita, KS. The phone number is (316) 944-0011.
You’ve Come to the Right Place
Everything we do is held up by the talent and brainpower of our employees. So the fact that you’re reading this means you’re on the right track. Check out the available positions below and apply online. If you don’t see something that fits your qualifications but you want a chance to be part of the team, feel free to let us know why.
Painter - 2nd shift
- Paints surfaces of composite parts, applying knowledge of surface preparation and painting techniques, using spray painting equipment, power tools, and work aids.
- Cleans, sands, and applies chemical solutions to prepare and condition surfaces prior to painting.
- Mixes and thins paint or other coating to specified color and consistency according to standard formulas, using spatula or mixing equipment.
- Masks and covers surfaces not to be painted.
- Sprays specified amount or thickness of primer, protective, decorative, or finish coatings, such as paint, lacquer, sealer, or enamel, onto prepared surfaces, using spray equipment.
- Strips, sands, masks, and repaints surfaces, and blends finish to match surrounding areas, manually or using portable power tools.
- Apply or retouch paint, using a brush.
- Regulate controls on equipment to cure and dry paint or other coatings.
This position requires previous aerospace, defense or automotive coatings experience.
Machine Controls & Automation Technician
The Machine Controls & Automation Technician will be working in all phases of the project from design, panel building, wiring, machine infrastructure and installation. The applicant must be good with their hands, able to problem solve and work under tight deadlines with great attention to detail. LTC will train the right person but experience in PLC Programming / Wiring, CAD, Welding / Fabrication and Painting is a plus.
Facilities Maintenance Manager
LTC is currently looking for a Facility Maintenance Manager to lead our maintenance team. This position is driven by continued growth and supporting the demands of our customers. The individual will be responsible for leading the Facility Maintenance Team, overseeing the continually evolving facility needs, improvements and preventative maintenance. This includes equipment, facility, site and processes to insure both our internal and external customers are satisfied. LTC provides product through equipment unique to the Wichita market so a successful individual will be very competent in hydraulics, fabrication, high pressure autoclaves and presses, curing ovens, paint booths, waterjets and NC controlled milling machines.
The successful candidate must be extremely comfortable being hands on as this is not a desk position as well as being particularly flexible as it comes to the repair and maintenance of LTC’s equipment. Proven experience leading a maintenance team is a requirement and must be able to work cohesively with a manufacturing mindset and team.
Typical Activities Include:
- Direct and coordinate activities concerned with equipment maintenance, preventative and otherwise.
- Confers with management personnel to establish layout, flow and utilization of equipment to best support the needs of the business.
- Develops and implements a Preventative Maintenance Program to successfully support the needs of the manufacturing environment.
- Seamless ability to effectively communicate with a temporary employee, engineers, management, customers and executives.
- Comfortable working outside established lanes without alienating or sacrificing peers.
Communicator, motivator, hungry, humble and respectful, emotionally intelligent, problem solver, leader, stable, coach, technically minded and intrinsically motivated.
Provides engineering expertise to the technical team and other departments; provides technical solutions to manufacturing processes and procedures; streamlines manufacturing processes, procedures and methodologies to improve product outcomes.
Must be a self-starter with ability to work independently. Requires manufacturing knowledge; basic computer skills; familiarity with SolidWorks, MasterCam, and/or similar CAD software. Prefer composite manufacturing knowledge; mechanical aptitude; and degree in engineering or related field.
LTC is currently accepting applications for Electrician Apprentice/Maintenance Technician. The applicant will be assisting in wiring control panels, machine wiring, and building wiring, etc. all in an industrial setting. With instruction and training you will be running conduit, landing wires, pulling wire, assembling and wiring control panels, etc. Electrical knowledge and experience a plus. Depending on company priorities you may be asked to help in other areas of the maintenance department as needed. EEO/AA M/F/Veteran/Disabled
- Applicants are required to be able to work 40 hours/wk plus overtime, sometimes with little to no notice
- Able to crawl, kneel, stand, walk, etc. all day on concrete floors
- Must have current/valid driver’s license
- Must have their own reliable transportation to work
- Comfortable with heights (30 feet average)
- Comfortable working in confined spaces
- Able to work on ladders, scissor lifts, boom lifts, etc
Layup and Bagging Associate
Responsible for composite layup and bagging.
- Cutting material, following template and/or work order;
- Apply layers of material to a mold or tool, pressing to fit contours and remove air pockets and wrinkles;
- Encase mold in bagging material, attach vacuum apparatus, and exhaust air to seal for curing;
- Test seals to ensure part will be properly cured.
Must be able to read and understand written and verbal work orders; follow detailed instructions; and communicate questions and suggestions to supervisor. Requires: hand/finger dexterity; visual acuity; ability to lift/carry/push/pull heavy items; ability to stand for extended periods of time.
Assemble parts as directed by work orders; finish parts by laying out, trim, drill, countersink, fill, and sand. Includes use of small hand tools such as drills and sanders. Must be able to read and understand written and verbal work orders; follow detailed, multi-step instructions; and communicate questions and suggestions. Requires: hand/finger dexterity; visual acuity; ability to lift and carry materials; ability to stand for extended periods of time in a work area with limited climate control. Prefer composite assembly experience.