About The Manager, Business Development, Aerospace and Defense Position
As a member of the Business Development team, your primary responsibility will be to drive sales and forge strategic partnerships to expand the Company’s market share and revenue within the aerospace and defense industries.
Additional responsibilities include identifying new business opportunities, building relationships with key stakeholders, and ensuring the successful execution of projects. You will work closely with customers, suppliers, and internal teams to drive growth, expand market share, and achieve sales targets.
Market Analysis and Opportunity Identification
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify potential customers, competitors, and emerging trends within the aerospace and defense industry.
- Identify and evaluate new business opportunities, including government contracts, defense programs, and partnerships with defense contractors and aerospace OEMs.
Business Development Strategy
- Participate in developing and implementing a comprehensive business development strategy to achieve the Company’s growth objectives in the aerospace and defense industry.
- Define target markets, customer segments, and positioning strategies to effectively penetrate the sector.
- Identify and assess potential risks and challenges associated with business development activities and propose mitigation strategies.
- Provide market feedback and insights to internal teams to support product development, marketing strategies, and competitive positioning.
- Stay up to date with industry developments, advancements in composite materials, manufacturing processes, and regulatory requirements.
- Attend industry conferences, trade shows, and networking events to build industry relationships and promote the Company’s capabilities.
Relationship Building and Sales
- Build and nurture relationships with key decision-makers, influencers, and stakeholders in the aerospace and defense industry, including government agencies, defense contractors, prime contractors and aerospace OEMs.
- Leverage existing industry networks and actively participate in industry conferences, trade shows, and networking events to promote the company’s capabilities.
- Lead sales efforts, including preparing and delivering sales presentations, negotiating contracts, and closing deals.
- Track, monitor, and report on sales pipeline, market trends, and business development activities to Management.
Proposal Development and Contract Negotiation
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, operations, and finance, to develop proposals and responses to aerospace and defense industry requests for proposals (RFPs) or requests for quotation (RFQs).
- Coordinate and lead contract negotiation processes with customers, ensuring that terms and conditions are favorable for the company while meeting customer requirements.
Project Management and Customer Satisfaction
- Work closely with project managers and operational teams to ensure the successful execution of projects.
- Monitor project progress, address any issues or concerns, and maintain regular communication with customers to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Identify opportunities for upselling and cross-selling within existing customer accounts.
Other duties as assigned by Management
- Proven experience in business development, sales, or account management within the aerospace and defense industry or similar manufacturing sector.
- Strong network and existing relationships within the aerospace and defense industry.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to build rapport with customers and stakeholders, with the ability to articulate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Strong negotiation and contract management abilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented with a demonstrated track record of meeting or exceeding targets.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally as required.
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, business administration, or a related field is preferred.